It seems as if cooktop designers treat small kitchens like the red headed stepchild in cooktop world. We do not see many compact, well-designed cooktops despite the fact that many people live in spaces that are small, especially the cooking area. Well, never mind that, the new Waring DB60 is here to change the scene. Powerful as well as efficient, this nifty electric cooktop, I feel, is built to blend in and make your compact kitchen smart and striking.
Features of this Waring Cooktop that I Like Best
Listed below are some of the features that I especially love about this cooktop:
- Compact at a dimension of 5 x 11.5 x 4 inches and light with a weight of just 9 pounds, this is a snug fit for most smaller kitchens.
- The bigger plate is 1300 Watts and the smaller plate is 500 Watts, which contributes to the burner being more efficient in heating in addition to more temperature options.
- Sturdy cast-iron burner plates heat up in a jiffy and ensure steady heat retention.
- There is a non-slip rubber feet at the bottom to avoid shaky base and to ensure comfortable cooking.
- Brushed stainless steel wrapping all around the cooktop gives you an elegant look and feel.
- The low-silhouette design is unique and elegant.
- Cleaning is a dream because it has a flat surface. All you have to do is run through it, swish-swish, with a clean, damp cloth.
What Are Some Of Its Drawbacks?
This cooktop, like many others, have a few areas that I feel could improve. Though not a deal breaker for me, I am still listing them below:
- The cooktop takes a while to cool down. An easy fix to avoid getting hurt is to pick it up and set it aside for cooling when cooking is done by using the built-in handhold.
- In extreme cases, the plastic sidewalls of the burner may melt if cooked for long hours. Personally, I have not faced this issue and I cannot say for sure if this is a real issue, but this is something that I fear.
- You need uninterrupted power supply for this cooktop to function seamlessly. This may be an issue if you live in an area that has frequent power outages.
Why Choose Waring Over Other Portable Electric Burners?
- The double burner on this cooktop gives you versatile options for situations when you need more than one burner. For example, when you are cooking numerous dishes or when you are cooking as well as warming food.
- It has adjustable temperature control with 5 settings.
- There is an individual adjustable thermostat with power “On” and “Ready” indicator lights.
- The cooktop heats up quickly and the heat retention power is excellent.
- The burners are sealed which makes cleaning and maintenance super easy.
- It’s quite portable, and so, it can be used anywhere for outdoor purposes as well.
- Unlike induction cooktops that require ferrous pots, any pot can be used with this cooktop as long as the width of the bottom is not too much wider than the cooking surface.
- It is Energy efficient and it saves you time while cooking.
- The manufacturer gives a product warranty for ONE year.
Some Tips and Points to be Noted
- Reasonable care will ensure many years of service and maintenance will not be an issue.
- For easy cleaning, the burners are sealed. Do not attempt to separate the burners from the unit.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to clean the surface of the solid burners.
- Never use harsh clothes, abrasive scrubbers, or steel wool pads on any part of the burner as they may scratch the surface or damage the cooktop.
I am so pleased with this unit. This electric double burner is well designed and it’s just simply one of the Best Rated Electric Cooktops you could ever find in the market. You may like Broil King Professional Hi-Power Single Burner Hot Plate if you prefer a single burner cooktop or the single burner sibling by Waring.
I have been using this unit for quite some time now and it is still performing splendidly. I find it very versatile, efficient, and convenient, and it serves all my needs.
In my opinion, this is a GREAT deal for HIGH quality burner. This is the only unit I would highly recommend among electric burners if you are looking for something worthy. There is not doubt that even better electric cooktops will be manufactured in the future, but until then, I will continue vouching for this unit.
You might want to know what other users are saying at Amazon.